Just a few things that might interest you today
- If you replace W with T in What, Where and When….…..you get the answer to each of them.
- If you look at the word ’swims’ upside-down, it’s still …swims
- A very early version of the vacuum cleaner went from house to house …..source https://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/objects-and-stories/everyday-wonders/invention-vacuum-cleaner
- 100 years ago just about everyone owned a horse and only the rich had cars……today just about everyone has a car and only the rich own horses.
- graffito is the singular form of graffiti….. source
- spaghetto is the singular form of spaghetti….source
Now here’s a little thought for you…..
- It doesn’t matter how long that packet of jelly crystals you discovered lurking amongst some other boxes in the pantry has been there – the one you sort of knew was there but had never got round to using – the one with a very out of date ‘best before’ date
- because ….seemingly a sealed bag of powdered gelatin and sugar has an indefinite shelf life. On the hot day I was looking for a cool dessert and decided to make it thinking ’in for a penny in for a pound’ it actually set!
Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo to show you☹️
Generally, powdered gelatin, both unflavored and its derivates, comes with a best-by date. The date is there usually for legal reasons, not because the product will spoil or lose potency. So you can easily use dry gelatin for months or even years past that date. And if you scoured the Internet looking for the actual shelf life of dry gelatin, you would find quite a few places claiming it pretty much lasts forever:- source
Monday has arrived again…… we had a week of very hot, then very hot and humid days accompanied by thunderstorms and flash flooding over parts of the city and the state – but not in my suburb ☹️
Dry thirsty ground – dark stormy clouds – the rain fell….for 5 minutes…then went on its merry way elsewhere.
The BOM is telling us it looks like we’ll have another warm/hot week with possible rain – hopefully we’ll get a drop to drink this time.
I did manage to sort out one problem during those sticky ‘stay indoors with the cooling on’ days.
The blogger/blogspot commenting on my iPad (Safari) issue has been driving me bonkers – I fixed it early last year (or so I thought) only for it to reappear so had resorted to my phone. What a PITA situation!
Back to the all seeing all knowing Mr G (again) he who has the answers to all the things I don’t know or thought it would be interesting for me to know even if I hadn’t shown interest before😊
It seems ’cross site tracking’ was the culprit, the box has been unticked, and so far I haven’t been inundated with all sorts of nasties, have been able to leave comments here there and everywhere (when I’ve had time) and also appear to have fixed the clickable link problem as well.
~ ~ ~ ~
Gosh I’m ready for another cup of tea, all that talk has made me…to quote a very old friend (as in age and friendship) ‘dry as a pommies bath mat’. not doing too well at the cricket are they😎.
How was your week – Wet Dry Sunny Cloudy Warm Cold ?
Did you fix any long standing problems?
Linking to Life this Week. Why don’t you pop over and see who’s visiting Denyse today