Well maybe that should be……wear different shoes next time:)
Last weekend was spectacular – Friday night we had a storm to end all storms.
Residents in Melbourne’s east are clearing up following a night of storms that delivered heavy rain and large hail to parts of Melbourne east.
A severe thunderstorm warning was issued for the outer east and a flash flooding warning was in place for flash flooding suburbs including Mooroolbark, Chirnside Park, Croydon, Croydon North and Wonga Park
More strong winds and rain on Saturday meant I was looking for a nice quiet Sunday; so it was with a ‘hopeful nature’ I got on the train to go to the city with The Golfer. The Melbourne Food and Wine Festival was on and he wanted to walk Southbank browsing the Food Vans, the pop up restaurants along with the wine tasting booths.
What he hadn’t mentioned was:-
- He also wanted to go back to Fed Square to look at another exhibition….. ‘Screen Worlds‘ in the Australian Centre for the Moving Image aka ACMI.
- Then make our way up to the Club in Bourke Street for a bite to eat,
- Then before coming home nip into the old DFO, now given the posh name of Spencer Outlet Centre , for a ‘quick’ look at a place in there.
So when what I thought was going to be a pleasant saunter from Flinders Street Station, across the river and then a wander along the riverbank turns into a 5km hike in city streets I became a tad tetchy 🙂
- We didn’t buy any take away food…..nothing really appealed
- It was an interesting exhibition but no place to sit down unless you went back out into the foyer
- There was a meaningful discussion as we walked up to Bourke Street about using the tram up to the club….yes, up the street literally…we gave up trying as each one that arrived was crammed full.
- Later as we walked aimlessly round a huge shopping centre (I really didn’t want to be in) I was shocked to hear ‘his words‘ (or words similar to ones he uses when shopping with me ) coming out of my mouth as he picked up various pieces of clothing …..”Do you need that? …..Will you wear that? …..Don’t you have something like that at home?
Thankfully our train home could be be picked up right there at Spencer Street (now known as as Southern Cross…but I don’t know anyone who calls it that.
My feet were sore and all I could think of was getting home and putting them up
All’s well now, we are talking again- but next time it will be blow the fashionable summer sandal look and on with the runners!!