Recently there’s been far too many of them lying around- loose ends that is
I could have titled this ‘tidying up’ or even ‘finishing up’ but ‘sewing up’ will do because that’s what actually ended up happening 😊
The loose ends were those hanging off the *WsIP (*works in progress – technical term for unfinished stuff 😊) I finally managed to get off my needles this past week or two.
Do you know that after years of thinking about it I’m positive my parents should have given me Procrastination as my middle name instead of that belonging to my granny in Belfast because lots of ‘gunnas’ get muttered in my house……I’m gunna do this – I’m gunna do that……..trouble is things get put to one side and it takes forever for these gunnas to get done.
Anyway I promised (when I had time) to show a non commenting friend, who regularly reads my mutterings, what I’ve recently put into ‘the knitting box’ ready for next year’s winter charity drive. She also reminded me (because she forgets half the time when I physically tell her) to make a note of the patterns I’ve used. Well there’s not a lot to say about the patterns – One is quite old – the other more recent (still in print I think) – they are guidelines only because I don’t always follow them 😊
The little v necked one above is a go to for me – simple to knit with good clear instructions, the eyelet pattern illustated is good for a little girl. However I made these two below using the directions and sizing but adding a stitch here and there to accommodate the broken rib in the yellow and the fisherman’s rib in the fawn.
This Woolworth’s book from the 1960s is my standby for a couple of other woollies ( no pun intended 😊). The shirt pattern looked easy and as the little boy wearing the knitted shirt was a dead ringer for our first born I bought the book – but never ever knit it for him lol There must be something about me and collars because when I finally knit it for a nephew the collar wouldn’t sit right so I changed it to a round neck instead.
I had a bit of the fawn left over from the ribbed cardigan so combined it with the orange/green vari yarn to come up with this version. I tend to think of this style as being boyish so find it looks better in ‘boy’ colours – if there are such things 😊
And as I’m sure you realised, once these were popped in the box it was out with the needles, new balls of wool in hand and we were off and running again. There’s a rerun of the pink matinee coat (the good bit that is) going on and the blue teddy jumper as well (maybe the clown and koala as well) so I’ve enough to keep me occupied for a while.
~ ~ ~ ~
I seemed to have talked on a bit there so maybe ‘you’d’ like to tell us what’s just come off your needles or maybe what’s still on your needles needing to be finished